Joy-Anne has the commitment and focus to ensure results. She puts a high value on researching and making decisions based on the best current evidence and the good of the community.
Joy-Anne is a non-partisan team player who remains dedicated to her values. Whether solving problems or moving new initiatives forward, she believes in working together with colleagues and the community to achieve success.
Joy-Anne brings the experience of 20 years as a Camrose resident. She is also a parent, an entrepreneur, a musician, an educator and an active volunteer in the community.
Joy-Anne’s background as a performer and music educator, as well as her varied volunteer experiences in the community allow her to take a flexible "big picture" view, and bring forward creative new ideas and solutions.
Joy-Anne is committed to open and honest communication with colleagues and constituents.
Joy-Anne believes in making space for and valuing the contributions of all community members.
- Vibrant - Continuing to be a hub for business, recreation, culture, and leisure.
- Vital - Highlighting our status as a centre for health and wellness, education, retail and other service industries.
- Accessible - Opening our community wider through continued initiatives in affordable housing, walkability, transit.
- Thriving - Supporting local commerce, attracting committed residents and bringing business and entrepreneurship to our city.
- Leading Edge - Camrose is well placed to be a leader by example; looking at the long game when making vital decisions for our community, and working with our regional partners and stakeholders.
- Sustainable - A loaded word, this can mean many different things to different people. Joy-Anne is committed to exploring what sustainability will mean for Camrose: balancing our responsibilities fiscally, socially, and environmentally.
Being our best Camrose
- Collaborating with all levels of government and regional partners to support and create new opportunities for our community.
- Advocating for local strengths and potential.
- Maintaining the exceptional quality of life we have in our community, and extending it to all our citizens.